Hello! I know I say this every time, but this was a REALLY fun blog post to make. I had fun making it so I hope you have fun reading it!
I am currently really loving a dark, brown but kinda purple eyeshadow (if that makes sense) with slight bronzer and blush and a light pink lip. So for this post I have decided to show you how I achieve this look and what products I use. I have to admit, I was not 100% happy with how this turned out, but I know I won't have time during the week to do it again and take more pictures, so I would rather share something and possibly get some tips instead of making you all wait any longer! And just a little disclaimer, the pictures and swatches look like browns, but they come out on the eye a little differently, especially when blended together. With all that aside, please enjoy!
1. Moisturiser and Primer: I use the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Calming Facial Lotion on a clean face. I just put a small amount all over my face, but focus mostly on my eye area as that skin can get extremely dry. I then put on primer. I don't always use primer, only when I feel I need it to last longer and when I know I will be wearing heavier makeup that what I would wear to school, for example. I used a tester that I have of Benefit's Porefessional. Taking a pea sized amount, I lightly rubbed it in evenly around my face.
2. Concealer: I prefer to put my concealer on first before any other makeup. I use the ModelsPrefer Concealer Stick in Medium and I blend it in mostly with my ring finger and sometimes I use my small angled brush from Nude by Nature Cosmetics.
3. BB Cream: I much prefer using a BB cream to a concealer because I find it so much easier to wear. I use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light. I put this on with my Nude by Nature Cosmetics foundation brush.
4. Powder: I apply the Australis Ready Set Go Translucent Finishing Powder lightly all over my face, getting gradually heavier around oily areas. I use my Nude by Nature Cosmetics powder brush for this.
5. Bronzer: I apply my ModelsPrefer Mineral Powder Soft Touch in Radiant Bronze bronzer just underneath my cheekbones and blend up towards my temples and under my jaw line, using my Nude by Nature Cosmetics Angled Powder brush. Sometimes I leave it as is, but recently I have been liking a softer bronzer instead of very visible line. To achieve this I like to use my Nude by Nature Powder Brush to just blend it out a bit.
6. Blush: I apply my Essence Silky Touch blush in the colour Babydoll on the apples of my cheeks, blending lightly to my cheekbones, again using my Nude by Nature Cosmetics Powder brush.
7. Eyeshadow: Models Prefer Nude Eyeshadow Palette
First I am applying the colour "bare" all over my lid and up near my brow bone using my Nude by Nature Eyeshadow Blending Brush.
Next I am applying the colour "natural" on my lid and up into my crease using a Nude by Nature Eyeshadow Blending Brush.
Then I am applying the colour "nature" into my crease and outer corner using a Nude by Nature Eyeshadow Blending Brush.
Then, using a Nude by Nature Eyeshadow Brush, I am applying the colour "glisten" to my lid.
Then, towards my crease, I add some "willow" using a Nude by Nature Eyeshadow Blending Brush.
Lastly, I add some "bliss" into the inside corner of my eye and under my brow bone using my Nude by Nature Eyeshadow Blending Brush.
8. Eyebrows: Using my Face of Australia Colour Max palette and my Nude by Nature Cosmetics Small Angled Brush, I fill in my eyebrows. I use the colour B (second one down, brown) and brush them out with a Spool brush.
9. Mascara: I use two different mascaras to get really full lashes. I first use the ModelsPrefer Sky High Mascara and put it just on my top lashes. Then I use my Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara to get even fuller lashes.
10. Lips: To get this lip looking really good, make sure you have really exfoliated lips so the lipstick doesn't stick and standout on dry bits and look gross. For this lip look I used my Face of Australia Lip Quench Lipstick in Peaches and Cream. As it says on the lipstick, it is SUPER moisturising. It was also extremely affordable so I recommend it if you can get your hands on one.
And thats the finished look! If you remake this look let me know!
I think I may have mention this before on my blog, but I absolutely love award show fashion. So for this blog post I have decided to put together some of my favourite and least favourite looks from award shows so far this year.
1. Shay Mitchell at The Teen Choice Awards
I absolutely love this! Even though its quite similar to things she has worn before, I think she really looks great in this style. I think the shoes and clutch really tie the outfit together, along with the simple hair and makeup. And of course, I absolutely love Shay Mitchell so obviously I will always think she looks amazing ;)
2. Sarah Hyland at The Teen Choice Awards
I love this little two piece outfit, and I think the colour looks really great on her. Her hair looks absolutely gorgeous and the red lip really suits her. I love the shoes and clutch. All together, I think the yellow and golden tones really suit her!
3. Sofia Vigara at The MET Awards
I think this is my favourite look out of all of them! I think she looks like an absolute princess! The beaded details really looks amazing. I think the simple makeup and nude lip really completes the look. Absolutely love it all! Nothing to complain about at all!
4. Rita Ora at The Billboard Awards
This look was a half win, half lose sort of situation for me. I absolutely love the hair, makeup and accessories, but I am really not a fan of the dress. I think the white really suits her but I feel the cutouts are in slightly awkward spaces. I feel she definitely has a body to flaunt, but I just wasn't loving it.
5. Tori Kelly at The Billboard Awards
I think Tori Kelly looks absolutely beautiful in this dress! I love white on her and I think the fringe detailing is really beautiful. I love her hair and I think the golden eye and nude lip really compliments everything about her outfit.
6. Nicole Kidman at The Academy Awards
This look is once again another look that just isn't working for me. I really don't like the dress, I think the light colour of the dress washes her out as she already has quite a light skin tone. I feel the red detailing doesn't compliment anything and feels a bit mismatched. I also feel like she could have done more with the makeup, but its not too bad. I do really like her hair and accessories though.
Favourite: Sofia Vegara
Least Favourite: Nicole Kidman
One of my favourite bloggers/youtubers is Anna Saccone. I love her laid back style and the quality of her videos. One thing of hers that I love watching is her What I Ate Wednesday, so today I have decided to make my own version! I did not manage to take pictures of everything, but I think you will still be able to know what I am talking about. Enjoy!
Breakfast: Wholemeal bread toast with peanut butter, half a banana and milk
This is possibly one of my favourite breakfasts. Not only because its super simple and quick to make, but it is delicious. I don't know about you but I don't have much time in the morning to eat breakfast, so it is a real plus when its easy to make.
Morning Tea/Snack: Strawberries
Again, some my favourite foods. I love strawberries and here in Australia, well at least where I live, the strawberries are so sweet!
Lunch: Diced Roasted Chicken on a Bread Roll, biscuits and water
I love chicken so much (sounds a bit crazy hahaha)! I think this is a pretty simple option and can be changed to suit your taste. You can add salads, cheeses, anything! The biscuits I had were savoury biscuits we have here in Australia called Shapes. I had a handful of the pizza flavoured Shapes. And for my drink, I just had water.
Dinner: Lemon crumbed Snapper with roasted potatoes and cherry tomatoes and water
This was definitely my favourite dinner I had all week! The flavour of the crumbs was so delicious and so was the fish. My mum makes the best roast potatoes so they were great too. I had some cherry tomatoes with my dinner just so I can get my vegetables for the day. Again, I just had water. You can find a similar recipe here: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2448/lemon-herb-and-parmesan-crusted-fish
That is all for this time! Hope you enjoy because I had lots of fun putting it all together! If you have any requests or recommendations let me know! Thanks for reading,
16. Australian. Lover of good food, lipstick and sparkly things. Professional burger eater, coffee drinker and online shopper.